Where are the Topeka papers?
Last Updated: Jul 17, 2018 Views: 9
The Topeka Capital Journal’s current issues are located in two places. One week is kept in the North Reading Room and one month is located in the Topeka Room.
Topeka newspapers go back to the 1860’s and are on microfilm located in the Topeka Room. Microfilm images can be copied onto paper, scanned onto a drive, or emailed.
Topeka Capital Journal issues that are not yet microfilmed but are no longer kept in the Topeka Room can be requested from a staff member.
The Topeka Capital Journal newspapers from December 13, 2017 to the present are also available through the library’s website.
Articles from the Topeka Capital Journal from 2001 to the present are also available through the library’s website.
here's how to get there:
- Go to the library’s homepage, tscpl.org
- On the library’s homepage click on Research It
- In the drop down menu select Newsbank: America’s News
- On NewsBank’s home page scroll down the page and on the right hand column click on Topeka Capital Journal Collection
- For the newspaper select the paper whose format is “image” or for the articles select the paper whose format is “text”